The special advantage of this ClinchRivet® is its simple and symmetrical rivet. This provides for a trouble-free feeding and pressing operation. The materials to be joined gain an additional retaining member. A clean and highly repeatable joint is created. Its Multipoint capability increases the cost advantages.
Due to the filling of the clinched joint with the ClinchRivet®, the strength of the joint increases considerably, and especially the shear strength. The ClinchRivet® is especially appropriate for use with thin sheet metals.
- symmetrical rivet geometry, thus jam-free feeding and high productivity
- excellent electrical conductivity
- resistant to corrosion
- simple quality control by measuring the "X" dimension
- no cutting of the punch or die side sheet metals
- no mechanical notch effect, high dynamic capability
- no damage to surface coating
- no slugs produced during process
All technological characteristics and quality criteria of the TOX®-Round Joint also apply to the ClinchRivet®.
For further information on this special clinching joint please contact us.